Anthony R Page - - Becoming a Complete Professional

I started in the entertainment industry as an actor, however by focus and expertise I am now a producer, director, and writer. Over the years, having been a part of many independent film, TV, and theater projects that were underfunded and understaffed, it seemed par for the course that we were all expected to wear a multitude of hats - - if we were all truly committed to making the best projects possible. On these teams, there was always a unanimous commitment to do what needed to be done, but all too often, when it became difficult people found a way to exit stage left.

In a storytelling process that is fully integrated and interdependent, one-piece falling away can have a tremendous impact on the outcome. And everyone else that was a part of that process loses. The result - - no meaningful return on their investment of time and talent nor the validation that comes with a well-executed, completed project. Needless to say, it was frustrating, getting so close to completing great projects, only to stop short of that intended goal.

Producer / Director / Writer: Anthony R. Page

This is why I initially began to do marketing and PR; to do graphic design and photography, as well as special effects, compositing, video editing, and a multitude of other tasks - - to add more value to the projects that I was a part of. It has meant learning people, production software, and industry protocols and practices. Adding to that, my experience in advocacy, economic development, and project management, have all helped me to become a complete film, theater, and TV professional.  It has taken quite a bit of time, but I have learned, with growing levels of competence, each discipline needed to successfully complete a project.

The journey has been long, arduous, and wrought with disappointments and burnt bridges, and broken relationships, yet today I stand having come to this important milestone. I have everything I need, to get to where I want to be (in the way that I want to get there). My journey has been by grace, mercy, faith as well as perseverance. And continues to be powered by love, passion, stubbornness, and the will to succeed.

This is not a destination, just a milestone, so if I breathe, I will continue to grow. If I breathe, I will continue to create. If I breathe, I will continue to tell stories that reflect my experiences, points of view, and passions. If I breathe, I will continue to open doors for others, be an advocate for my peers and sow seeds as a mentor. When I can't breathe...my journey will be complete, until then I press on.


Comments

  1. Your life is a reminder to all us young creative's that their are twists and turns to the artist's process. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asé-O💫Beautifully spoken and Manifesting. Continue to B.R.E.A.T.H. life and light into and onto the world..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an inspiration and talented beyond measure - never stop moving mountains Anthony! MC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought provoking and inspiring. Grateful to be where I am, knowing where I aim going and whi I'm going with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Triggered and Tripped By Traumas (Anecdotes of Internal Observation)

Community, Culture & Conversation - A Film Screening Series w/ an Interactive Audience-led Discussion

Blue Bistro Creative and Belize Global Media Forge Path-breaking Partnership to Elevate Black Cinema Globally