TWO KIDS FROM THE COUNTRY...


While I was directing a project during the Essence Music Festival last weekend, guess who I ran into of all people Ericka Butler Priester... It was truly serendipitous. I have known Erika since we were kids running up and down that dirt road on Fairview Avenue in a little town in South Carolina. 

I have been keeping up with her rise to become a top executive at Target and after so many years, she is still the amazing spirit that I knew as a kid.

It was so good seeing you Erika, keep shining sis (and now cousin, as her brother married my cousin). Proud of the woman you have become and are becoming. 

Seeing you again was part of what made the Essence Experience memorable for me.  I am sure our paths will cross again as these two kids from the country keep moving toward our next milestones.

Please say hello to your husband, mom, and brother for me...and the funny thing is, I ran into your mom at a church event in Atlanta a few years ago...truly a small world after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A Complete Look at Anthony's Background

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggered and Tripped By Traumas (Anecdotes of Internal Observation)

Community, Culture & Conversation - A Film Screening Series w/ an Interactive Audience-led Discussion

Blue Bistro Creative and Belize Global Media Forge Path-breaking Partnership to Elevate Black Cinema Globally