Triggered and Tripped By Traumas (Anecdotes of Internal Observation)

TRIGGERED AND TRIPPED BY TRAUMAS

(Anecdotes of Internal Observation)

I'm up this morning journaling and setting the course for a successful week. I typically take the time to do somewhat of an after-action report to assess what I did well the previous week and what could be better. It's my commitment to continuous improvement. 

As my business has grown, I find myself engaging with larger and much more diverse groups. Not just in the typical demographics of race, gender, and age, but more in the uniqueness of how they think, what they prioritize, and how they engage in business. 

I don't talk as much as I used to. I find myself more often than not stepping back and observing, listening, absorbing, and discerning.

One thing I've noticed in so many instances is how professionals have been triggered by something someone said or did and then tripped by their own traumas. 

Often without knowing it, people are traipsing over and triggering traumas, causing a tragic build-up of new traumatic experiences, making it even more difficult, particularly in our community, to build cohesive and constructive coalitions and community.

The roots of this are expansive, generational, and colonial.

There has been such an assault on our humanity, identity, and our very essence with such depth and breadth that without knowing it, many of us may still be reacting to our great-grandparents' experiences. Devastating, Daunting, Divisive...yeah I know. 

But...

We will get over it, WE MUST. Perhaps, it will happen when we recognize these roots, find relief in healthy internal resolutions, and remain relentless in the rigor. - The reward? Peace, Presence, Unlocked Potential, Progress, Potato Salad, Pinto Beans, and Pie. (lightening the mood a little).

Onward.

In many ways this is a “note to self” but perhaps you can benefit from a bit of my growth and self-discovery. 

All in all, I hope this year is starting off great for you and that you remain committed and consistent in your pursuit of your priorities, passions, and purpose. 

Finally, as we approach spring, when things begin to grow, make sure to fertilize that growth with the right kind of wisdom and when necessary, restraint. 

Until next time,

AP

------------------------------------------------------------------

A Complete Look at Anthony's Background

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community, Culture & Conversation - A Film Screening Series w/ an Interactive Audience-led Discussion

Blue Bistro Creative and Belize Global Media Forge Path-breaking Partnership to Elevate Black Cinema Globally