Leadership - - Becoming a Better Film Producer


One of the most common sources of failure in leadership is a diagnostic failure. 


CONTEXT - IDENTIFYING THE PROBLEM

I am taking a series of leadership classes through Harvard University's online education platform. This morning, I completed another lesson and got some deeper insight and clarity on some of the things that I believe have limited my success rate in the past. 


THE LESSON

If I do not properly diagnose the problem, the solution I implement will not work. In the past, I have identified the problems with some of my undertakings, but I am suddenly realizing that I didn't go far enough, consequently, my solutions didn't go far enough, which led to my missing the mark on several occasions. 


THE TAKE-AWAY

If I am truly committed to meeting consistently with the best results, I have to make sure that when problems arrive, I dig deep enough to understand what those problems truly are before I decide how to deal with them. Also, different problems require different types of leadership, but that is another lesson and I can get to that later. 


In the meantime keep going, keep growing and have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggered and Tripped By Traumas (Anecdotes of Internal Observation)

Community, Culture & Conversation - A Film Screening Series w/ an Interactive Audience-led Discussion

Blue Bistro Creative and Belize Global Media Forge Path-breaking Partnership to Elevate Black Cinema Globally