Anthony R. Page Co-stars in Aaron Spells' Debut Feature Film P.I.G.S.

An Activist Urban Drama, P.I.G.S. Makes A Strong Declaration Of Atlanta's Rising Auteur Community

Screenshot: At a critical moment in the story Peanut, played by
Page (on the right), makes an unexpected visit to the local church. 

(ATLANTA, GA) Anthony R. Page co-stars in Atlanta-based filmmaker Aaron Spells' feature film debut Perpetrators In Government Systems (P.I.G.S.) - playing Peanut, an eccentric, mentally elusive homeless man who has an unorthodox yet unique view of the world. 

"When I started on this creative journey, these are the types of characters I hope to portray. This IS one of THOSE  films and Peanut IS one of  THOSE characters; living Peanut's experience on camera satisfies me on so many levels. He and I are kindred in a lot of ways, I understand him and I hope the work that I did on the film will serve the story in the best way." ~ Anthony R. Page

The film recently wrapped principal photography and is moving towards a 2023 festival run and release.

P.I.G.S. is a study of how injustice motivates change. Spells who wrote, produced, and directed the film shared some of the inspirations for his work. "The characters in this film are a reflection of me and so many people that have been a part of my life. The people, the story exist in and are a part of a community, that has its own identity; its own struggle. That struggle motivates us. At the end of the day, I want people to understand that it's not just about the wrong-doings of an individual, but the community as a whole."

Dakarai Akil, a Houston, TX-based rising star powers the film in the leading role as Trust Shakur a young activist lawyer. He is flanked by his outspoken, scholarly younger brother Ace played by newcomer Corey Banks. As the pair elevates the fight for social justice in their community, they are met with an unexpected set of circumstances, bringing them to bridges that are not easy to cross. 


Screenshot: Leading actor Dakarai Akil (on the left), as the character Trust
has an intense interaction with a police officer played by Joey Thurmond.

Akil and Banks are supported by a strong ensemble cast that includes Jason Louder, Joey Thurmond, Stacee Nino, Angel L. Henderson, Theo Haddon, Johnny Green Jr., John M. Johnson, Erion Browner, and Coach Wes Lee as Pastor O'Neal.

Marcus E. Munroe, Bart Vantieghem, Kelcey Seth, Martin Aramayo, and Wade Marbaugh round out the cast with Spells making a cameo appearance as Tweet.


Screenshot: Ace, played by actor Corey Banks, looks at a memorial
to Black people who have died as a result of interactions with law enforcement. 

This experience of making this film marks the culmination of a seven-year journey for the writer/director. "What I want the people to take away from my experience is that no matter what, stay dedicated to your dream, stay dedicated to yourself, and above all stay dedicated to God's vision. I'm grateful that I had this dream, this vision seven years ago and I never lost sight of it."  ~ Aaron Spells

To take a look at the film... Click here to watch the FIRST-LOOK trailer

Engage with the film's community on Instagram... @P.I.G.S.TheMovie


------------------------------------------------------------------

A Complete Look at Anthony's Background

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggered and Tripped By Traumas (Anecdotes of Internal Observation)

Community, Culture & Conversation - A Film Screening Series w/ an Interactive Audience-led Discussion

Blue Bistro Creative and Belize Global Media Forge Path-breaking Partnership to Elevate Black Cinema Globally