With a Win in Toronto and 4 Overall Nominations, Anthony R. Page's Film Remembering Momma Heads To Accra, Augusta, and Atlanta


(Atlanta, GA) REMEMBERING MOMMA will continue its film festival tour with several upcoming stops including Accra, Augusta, and Atlanta. 

The film screened at the Cannes Independent Film Festival and the Brazil International Film Festival earlier this year; and was a part of the 2021 HAPA Awards in Los Angeles, with a nomination for BEST SHORT FILM

For the International Black & Diversity Film Festival, the film walked away with a Jury Award, for BEST SHORT FILM, having earned two nominations in the categories of Best Director and Best Short Film. 

This month, the 20-minute abstract drama will screen in the director's hometown of Augusta, GA at the Black Cat Picture Show - the area's premiere film festival. And is an official selection of this year's Black Star International Film Festival and has been recognized as a BEST DIRECTOR nominee for the Summer In The South Film Festival, both coming in September.

An updated schedule of upcoming screenings is listed below:

Black Cat Picture Show 

Summer In the South Film Festival 

Black Star International Film Festival 

"I am excited to celebrate each of these little victories because none of them have come easy. To be in the business as long as I have; has been the endurance test of my life, and to stay on this journey has required the best of me without compromise. I have hit the brick wall of hard experience a thousand times at a thousand miles per hour, but by grace, I was able to get up and keep going. 

Passion, perseverance, and persistence are my power, My God and His Grace are my guide and my covering.

Maturity has taught me to take no one or nothing for granted; so I want to acknowledge each member of the REMEMBERING MOMMA team for the work they put in to make this film successful. Furthermore, I would like to extend a special thanks to Alahna Lark of Lark Media who has been with me every step of the way as co-Executive Producer. 

To the organizers of the Summer in the South film festival, we deeply appreciate your recognizing our collective work. With so many strong works out there, we are grateful that you chose us to be a part of this year's festival. 

Finally, to all of my supporters and those who send me texts, emails, and inboxes of kind words and encouragement, I appreciate you...I see you and your reaching out to me is always meaningful and often timely. Thanks again, the journey continues...now let me get back to work." ~ Anthony R. Page

Press Releases and Other Background Information on the Film Below:

Remembering Momma Premieres at the Cannes Independent Film Festival

The Film Remembering Momma Begins 2022 Festival Tour with a Stop in Toronto

Remembering Momma Nominated Best Independent Short Film for the 5th Annual HAPA Awards

Blue Bistro Creative Teams Up with Lark Media on Dramatic Short Film: Remembering Momma

------------------------------------------------------------------

A Complete Look at Anthony's Background

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggered and Tripped By Traumas (Anecdotes of Internal Observation)

Community, Culture & Conversation - A Film Screening Series w/ an Interactive Audience-led Discussion

Blue Bistro Creative and Belize Global Media Forge Path-breaking Partnership to Elevate Black Cinema Globally